Basic Entrepreneurship Program
Centro’s Basic Entrepreneurship Program is an in-person, 9-week course for individuals primarily in the idea stage of their business and who have not been exposed yet to any formal business education. The program mirrors Centro's Business Planning App - our flagship tool to help small business entrepreneurs start and grow businesses.
STRUCTURE & METHODOLOGY
- 27 hours of in-class training on basic business competencies
- Delivered using Centro's Business Planning App
- Led by a facilitator trained to enrich in class discussion, encourage 360 feedback, and foster critical thinking
- Gain basic knowledge of business concepts
- Create a basic business plan
- Work in collaboration with a small group of other local entrepreneurs
- Broaden your professional network
- Display a genuine dedication to starting or growing a business
- Seek profit and provide social benefit to your community
Want to Apply?
Centro is offering three 9-Week Basic Entrepreneurship Programs in Oakland, CA. The program is intended for all, regardless of your level of education or experience. The cost of the 9 classes is $100, and this will include a Financial Literacy module.
begin in April 2018 | Oakland, CA
Classes will take place Wednesdays from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm, starting on April 25.
Begin in September 2018 | Oakland, CA
Classes will take place Wednesdays from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm, starting on September 19.
All groups will meet at the Centro Community Partners office on 825 Washington Street, Old Oakland.
If you are not in the San Francisco Bay Area and are interested in joining the Basic Entrepreneurship Program, find a Centro Affiliate near you. They will follow up with the details of their admissions process and any additional requirements they may have.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Hope Leahman at email@example.com.
Looking for an Advanced Program for Entrepreneurs?
Centro's Entrepreneur Readiness Program might be the right fit for you.