In June 2015, Centro traveled to Peru to conduct a Basic Business Training Program for women entrepreneurs. In a month, we trained 53 women in basic entrepreneurship, financial literacy and leadership skills. But our highest achievement was made possible through the use of Centro's signature Business Planning App in the classroom.
The Business Planning App helps us build a breakthrough bridge other local and international organizations working with micro-entrepreneurs haven't been able to tackle successfully - and that is connecting technology, real opportunity and the sense of possibility in women who just a few hours before hesitated themselves using a smartphone, and doubted their potential despite their inherent talent and learned skills.
View how we did it and help us repeat
Our goals in peru
- Train 100 more women in 2016 in basic entrepreneurship
- Empower them with the support to create or retain their microenterprises
- Measure and track their household income and savings rates
We have committed to set them up for success by preparing them to become self-sustaining entrepreneurs as they build together thriving and prosperous communities for their families.
How you can support
Please make a donation to help us replicate and build on this life-changing experience for low-income women in Peru. Your gift will contribute to:
- Pay for the transportation costs of the women from their local towns
- Prepare and print for every entrepreneur the material in the curriculum
- Pay for the tablets we will loan the entrepreneurs and internet access
- Subsidize our trainer fees and diet
- Sponsor one-on-one business advising for the entrepreneurs
Every dollar you contribute counts and will help us reach our goals.