Part-Time entrepreneurship Trainer (San Jose, california)
The Lead Facilitator will be responsible for the delivery and completion of Centro’s 9-week Basic Entrepreneurship Program (BEP). The BEP teaches business competencies, help participants develop business acumen and enterprise building practices to assist them to start or grow microenterprises. The facilitator will prepare for classes, facilitate cohorts and provide 1-on-1 support to program participants. The facilitator will be responsible for teaching cohorts of up to 12 participants, explain complex business concepts in simple terms, focus on activity-based instruction, facilitate empowering activities and help participants refine business concepts into an executable business plan. Lead Facilitator will report directly to Program Manager. The Lead Facilitator will receive up to 8 hours of entrepreneurship workshop management training from Centro.
Entrepreneurship Trainer will report directly to Program Manager and will receive up to 9 hours of entrepreneurship workshop management training from Centro. Entrepreneurship Trainer will be required to allocate between 8h to 12h of work per week starting in September 2017 until March 2018 (with a possibility of extension). Three (3) of the weekly hours are from 5pm to 8pm once a week.
- Facilitation and Prep-Work
- Prepare lessons and classrooms for facilitation.
- Lead the facilitation of workshops.
- Schedule graduation and final presentations.
- Program Management & Administration
- Manage communications with entrepreneurs, guest speakers and Centro’s Program Manager.
- Process program participant applications and collect program fees (if applicable).
- 1:1 Advise/Coaching
- Conduct at least one 1-on-1 meeting with each entrepreneur outside of the workshops.
- Review business plans created by entrepreneur and provide feedback.
- Reporting & Impact Evaluation
- Administer pre and post surveys to participants.
- Conduct impact evaluation six months after the program is complete and prepare a report for the Program Manager.
- Recruiting/Marketing (These tasks will be developed with the assistance of the Program Manager)
- Reach out to our community partners via e-mail/phone calls for recruiting and marketing efforts.
- Conduct preliminary recruiting interviews to gauge fit into the BEP and check commitment level amongst prospective participants.
We seek a mature undergraduate/graduate student with excellent problem solving skills and communication abilities. Having business and/or entrepreneurial experience is a plus but not required. Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Please send your resume and a half-page explanation of why this position is of interest to you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design and maintain Centro's Business Planning App, which helps underserved entrepreneurs build their businesses and access capital.
Centro is developing a mobile toolkit that helps entrepreneurs worldwide build sustainable businesses, develop professionally, improve their credit and access micro-loans. Centro currently has iOS and Android versions of its business planning app and is developing additional apps on different platforms.
This is a career building opportunity for an ambitious and talented developer looking to make a huge social & economic impact and learn about economic development and microfinance, while building a game-changing mobile app.
- Solve problems creatively by implementing software solutions on iOS and Android, as well as web.
- Implement flows and mockups as provided by the product and design teams, while intelligently and creatively “filling in the gaps” not necessarily covered by rough prototypes.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and product managers to build the perfect product.
- Strong CS fundamentals gained through Bachelor’s degree in CS, Math or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Completed personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Experience building one or more native iOS/Android apps
- Experience building one or more mobile HTML5 apps
- Experience using a dynamic programming language in a production environment (or personal projects)
- Experience with web application frameworks
- Experience building web applications using a framework such as PHP, Ruby-on-Rails, J2EE or Django
- Experience integrating with public or private web based APIs
- Please send your resume and a half-page explanation of why this position is of interest to you to email@example.com.