Design and maintain Centro's Business Planning App, which helps underserved entrepreneurs build their businesses and access capital.
Centro is developing a mobile toolkit that helps entrepreneurs worldwide build sustainable businesses, develop professionally, improve their credit and access micro-loans. Centro currently has iOS and Android versions of its business planning app and is developing additional apps on different platforms.
This is a career building opportunity for an ambitious and talented developer looking to make a huge social & economic impact and learn about economic development and microfinance, while building a game-changing mobile app.
- Solve problems creatively by implementing software solutions on iOS and Android, as well as web.
- Implement flows and mockups as provided by the product and design teams, while intelligently and creatively “filling in the gaps” not necessarily covered by rough prototypes.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and product managers to build the perfect product.
- Strong CS fundamentals gained through Bachelor’s degree in CS, Math or related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Completed personal projects that show an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Experience building one or more native iOS/Android apps
- Experience building one or more mobile HTML5 apps
- Experience using a dynamic programming language in a production environment (or personal projects)
- Experience with web application frameworks
- Experience building web applications using a framework such as PHP, Ruby-on-Rails, J2EE or Django
- Experience integrating with public or private web based APIs
- Please send your resume and a half-page explanation of why this position is of interest to you to firstname.lastname@example.org.