Entrepreneur Readiness Program
Centro’s 14-week Entrepreneur Readiness Program is designed for small business entrepreneurs who are ready to launch or grow their businesses. Currently, the program is aimed at low-income women, minorities, veterans and other underserved entrepreneurs who are based in the San Francisco Bay Area (California).
Structure & Methodology
- 36 hours of in-class training on advanced business competencies, credit health and professional development
- 80 to 100 hours of one-on-one business advisory support
- Two opportunities to join each year: Spring and Fall intake
Each entrepreneur is paired with a business student trained through Centro's MBA Advisor Program. Together, they create a robust and fundable business plan with financial projections, a credit improvement plan, and a professional development plan. View the roadmap they complete together to accomplish this goal.
- Gain advanced knowledge of business concepts and analysis techniques
- Create a robust business plan
- Learn about professional and leadership development
- Receive close, tailored and professional business advice from an MBA Advisor and a Centro team member
- Improve your credit score and gain tools to manage personal and business credit
- Work in a small group with other entrepreneurs and MBA Advisors
- Broaden professional network
All applications are carefully reviewed and considered prior to our interview process. We seek participants who:
- Have completed a basic entrepreneurship education program (eg: La Cocina, Operation HOPE, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, The Latina Center, etc.) or similar training
- Can show initial sales of their product or service, or have a working prototype
- Display a genuine dedication to starting or growing a business
- Are able to truthfully commit to 10+ hours of Centro-related work every week for 14 weeks
- Can attend weekly classes in Oakland, CA
- Seek profit and provide social benefit to their community
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Entrepreneur Readiness Program, please apply online. We have a rolling admissions process and welcome applications anytime for the next available intake.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at to ERP@centrocommunity.org.
Featured Centro Entrepreneurs
Want a basic program for entrepreneurs?
If you have none or very little business experience, we have a program for you.